- December 18, 2020
- Jennifer Salerno
The holidays look a bit different this year. In the absence of travelling to see loved ones, we’ve been gifted the opportunity to rediscover the importance of family, to intentionally focus on our households. As lovely as this may be for many, isolation does not come without its trials and tribulations. This is especially true when it comes to teens.
With changing schedules over the last few months and more face-to-face time, families are quickly reminded of the challenges in communicating with their teen and stressful family dynamics. One of the greatest gifts you can give a parent is to equip them with the understanding and tools to talk with their teens to build strong relationships (instead of breaking down) during times of stress or crisis. That’s where Teen Speak® comes in.
Teen Speak helps parents decode their teen and learn to create a lasting and loving relationship that continues into adulthood. Parents feel more confident in knowing what to say, what not to say and how to say it to support positive discussions versus continued arguments. These skills are particularly needed now in navigating tough conversations around the stress of isolation with COVID-19, remote schooling, maintaining social distancing, and establishing “new norms”.
Teen Speak resources available for organizations to support parents include:
- Teen Speak Book & Workbook: a how-to guide and companion workbook with realistic scenarios and a detailed roadmap on how to tackle conversations about youth risk behaviors with ease. Available on Amazon. Bulk discounts available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personalized Teen Speak Landing Page: provide unlimited access to the Teen Speak audiobook and national parent resources, along with all your organization’s parent resources, in one convenient location. You tell us what you want to include and we take care of the rest.
- Not interested in customization? Provide access to the audiobook only, or simply offer it as a suggested resource with the companion workbook! In just 4 hours parents can be on their way to a stronger, more honest relationship with their teen.
- Teen Speak Parent Community: courses and resources to help parents not just survive the teen years, but truly thrive. Discounts available for organizations to provide these resources to their parents. Learn more.
- Coming Soon: PARENT SUPERPOWER SESSIONS. Speed sessions for parents on topics like “This Can’t be Normal?!” and “DECODING Your Teen: 3 Strategies that will Transform your Conversations.”
No matter how the new year looks, make sure you’re ready to support the parents in your community. Schedule a call with us today to learn more!