- October 31, 2012
- Jennifer Salerno
Help us in welcoming Primary Care Providers for a Healthy Feliciana, Inc. (PCPFHF) to the RAAPS community!
PCPFHF s a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization that has served the residents of East Feliciana Parish since 1999, and West Baton Rouge Parish since 2008, providing quality, affordable health care regardless of ability to pay. PCPFHF is comprised of two stand alone clinics (one in Clinton, Louisiana, and one in Port Allen, Louisiana), and operates four school-based health clinics in East Feliciana. PCPFHF, Inc. additionally directs 20 social worker offices in two other parish school systems. All PCPFHF Health Centers are Federally Qualified Health Centers and Primary Care Medical Homes.
PCPFHF’s school-based health clinics and school sites are now utilizing RAAPS. Prior to RAAPS, social workers were using a different traditional hard copy risk assessment. Barriers arose while utilizing the old adolescent assessment, noting that it was time consuming to score and data was solely being hand counted for reporting purposes. A lack of student comprehension of the questions proved to be an obstacle that was difficult to overcome.
Now, PCPFHF is successfully using RAAPS and has even licensed the RAAPS content into their electronic health record. RAAPS can improve efficiency and effectiveness and decrease barriers in your health center, too!
Did you know?
RAAPS web application is accessible on all web enabled devices, including mobile devices. It has been found that when adolescents take surveys electronically, they answer questions more honestly and openly. The web-based application of RAAPS has many notable features:
- – Adolescents with reading difficulties can listen and respond to the questions through an audio option (English as well as other languages available).
- – RAAPS is available in the web application in a variety of languages with the completed survey appearing in English for professional review.
- – Comprehensive data analyses are available on RAAPS to reveal individual and group trends and allow immediate follow up.
- – RAAPS is HIPAA compliant, with an electronic medical record option!
- – RAAPS meets many NCQA key components for patient-centered medical home (PCMH). View more information on PCMH and how RAAPS can meet the PCMH vision.
Contact us today if you have any questions about how to effectively integrate RAAPS into your practice!